Hebron Daniel ParadigmLast changed 11/3 8:40A EDT
What's Crackin' Guys!
I competed in Public Forum for 3 years on the NaTiOnAl CiRcUiT for Durham Academy (ðŸ˜¤ðŸ˜¤ðŸ˜¤)
- Running obscure arguments on your opponents might seem like a nice euro step, but showing probability and a clear link chain will really slam the argument home
- Second rebuttal needs to address turns from first rebuttal, otherwise as k dot said "your rebuttal a little too late."
- First summary doesn't need to extend defense unless you think its absolutely necessary for whatever reason.
- You need to extend BOTH the warrant AND impact of your argument(s) in later speeches if you're serious about finessing my ballot.
- Citing rap lyrics in round and being funny is the dopest thing you can do to make me like you.
- If you are losing badly and you know it, up the ante on the rap lyrics.
- If you are racist, ableist, sexist, make jokes about someone's momma, etc you will get a 20 L.
- In terms of speed if your flow and delivery is hot and clear I'm writing it down. For a good representation of what I want to see watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmO-ziHU_D8 from 1:10-1:40.
- Remember to always signpost but NO GANG SIGNS
-Use author qualifications when first citing a piece of evidence (for extensions last name will suffice).
- If you are ghost writing evidence I'm calling Meek to deliver the L himself.
- If your partner roasts their opponent in cross (without being douchey) you are expected to yell "WORLD STAR!." If you do so and I find the roast amusing then you and you're partner each get 1.0 added to your speaks. If you misjudge a roast and I think it's lame you get deducted 0.1 speaks for interrupting cross.
- I will be updating my paradigm as the year progresses to track all the #WORLDSTAR moments in rounds below:
***UPDATED AFTER ROUND 4 OF MINNEAPPLE****
I have not heard a sufficient number of #WORLDSTAR moments in rounds, thus I am implementing a speaker ceiling effective round 5. If I do not hear ANY (either good or bad) #WORLDSTAR moments the highest speaks you will be eligible to receive is a 28*.
*JK, but please entertain me