Kwaishon Bell ParadigmLast changed 9/23 9:26A EDT
Keep me looped in! I love to debate, and enjoy helping debaters improve their skills! E-mail me any questions or comments -- firstname.lastname@example.org
While I have a lot of debate experience, I do not have any topic experience for this year's high-school topic. So please don't assume I know your über topic specific jargon, thannnnks.
Overall Paradigm & Debate Background --
- I started policy debate my Junior year of High School at Loyola HS and I debated for Dartmouth College 1 season & taught at the DDI/DDS policy debate camp for 3 years.
- I quantify risk based on evidence and strength of warrants. I assume all things are 0% risk until you access the risk and quantify the significance of your arguments. I believe a good debate starts with EXCELLENT FLOWING. I feel that no arguments are inherently bad or off limits. That being said generic args need link work. etc. etc. etc.
- Spread! Do it Fast! Get it out! :D Don't mumble, or high pitch your voice (as much as we can control that). I will shout clear ONE TIME per side. After that, if I cannot hear/understand you, I'll put my pen down to make it obvious. But I won't mention it more than once.
- T is a Go. You must build out your warrants & claims. Don't just spread through a bunch of buzz words in the block and expect to be able to go for it without significant time. Prove the violation.
- I personally love the K. However, if you run the K poorly and make me wince/cry then... well... Just make sure if you're running a K you know your args and authors. I'll leave it at that.
Counter Plans --
- Do itttttt. Though, I think plan inclusive counter plans must have an external net-benefit. So, please run a DA. Make it interesting.
- Cross apply my thoughts on T where applicable. Be clear, and intentional in how you go for this if you're trying to make this a thing.