I competed in multiple types of debate during my four years in high school. Public Forum was my specialty, with multiple appearances in state finals and state championship in Public Forum speaking. Along the way, I picked up three qualifications to NSDA nationals and another to the TOC in Kentucky.
Currently, I am in in law school and will be continue my debate skills by being on the trial team.
In undergraduate, I did college competition in IPDA debate. I have made multiple finals appearances as well as been nationally ranked in the top ten debaters in my division for the past two years.
I have also served as a parliamentarian for many high school tournaments while in college.
If you have any questions email me: firstname.lastname@example.org
General Debate Comments:
- Although an increased rate of speaking is the norm in the status quo, I don't want your breathing to become distracting and annoying with large intakes of air that are audible from space.
- T/Definition/Standard debate when done well and when needed will be rewarded.
- If a card becomes an issue I will call for it, please have cards ready if you foresee an issue in them.
- It is important that you are polite. Do not speak loudly to your partner while the opposing team is speaking. It it ok to pass notes, but you should not be audible to the judge or audience.
- Debate is about clash. This means that you HAVE to flow and you MUST not drop points. Organization that occurs through flowing will make sure that you clash with your opponent and do not drop key points.
- THE ONE THING THAT WILL KILL SPEAKER POINTS AND EARN AN L is if you are racist, homophobic, xenophobic or disparaging to excluded groups. Please make sure your arguments do not fall into this category.
- I love theory and K debate, well done it will be rewarded. poorly done then :(
- Please do not call me judge :)
- You have to link your arguments to your V/VC (don't assume I know the link)
- Speed is fine as long as it doesn't exclude the other debater
- Ks need to be good and have the evidence to back it up to get my vote
- All General Debate Comments apply here as well. :)
- Anything that resembles a K/Plan will be voted down
- Flow is everything
- Any new arguments in the Final Focus will be thrown out and lower your speaks
- Do not assume I know the frame work link
- All General Debate Comments apply here :)
- The expectations for congress are for it to not look like any of the other debate formats. This is supposed to model real rhetoric used in actual congressional sessions.
- While your speech should have three points: intro, body, and conclusion. It should NOT sound like a debate case.
- Do not rehash arguments in the round just to get a speech in
- You should be be not only advancing your positions arguments but engaging with the opposition to persuade the chambers to vote a certain way.
- A good PO is one who does the bare minimum in controlling chambers. A GREAT PO is one who is commanding, possesses great knowledge of parli pro, and is a charismatic speaker. POs can either make or break a chamber.