Morgan Rowe ParadigmLast changed 3/10 4:10P EDT
First and foremost, know that I am not a debate judge. I've judged my share of PF and a bit of LD, and I have a general understanding on how to judge both events (so I'm not a lay judge insofar as that I do have an idea of what I'm doing). Prefer traditional arguments.
Because I enjoy good debate, here are my prferences:
- Come prepared with all of you cards organized. I don't want to sit there and waste time while you fish around to find a specific card.
- Speed: I'm not gonna lie, I like to flow but that also means that spreading will make it so that I can't include as much info on the flow. In terms of speed, I suggest that you speak quickly but don't spread.
- Please signpost and lay out a roadmap, especially in your rebuttal speeches.
- I will time you, but I expect you to time yourself and your opponents.
- I appreciate good clash over a good point. It makes filling out my ballot much easier when I can link arguments together.
- PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE weigh the round. I cannot stress how it important it is for you to lay this out in your rebuttal speeches.
My email is email@example.com if you have anymore questions.