Evan Li Paradigm

Last changed 4/30 4:46P EDT

My name is Evan and I debated for Lexington High School in LD. I mainly competed on the national circuit.

-You will get great speaks if you prioritize efficiency + clarity > speed and do tons of impact calc

-You will not get good speaks if your arguments are blippy. Some debaters confuse being "tech" with making short arguments that have zero warranting.

-Tricks are a coin toss. There is about 10 percent chance I'll understand it. If you are in the other 90 percent, even if an apriori is straight dropped I will not vote on it.

-Words like "reasonability", "competing interps", and "role of the ballot" are starting to lose their meaning. Make sure you clearly explain the implication of all arguments you are making.

-I will try to default to paradigms implicitly assumed by both debaters. For example, if the 1AR reads "condo is a voter" without paradigm issues and the 2NR only reads a counterinterp, both debaters assume 1AR theory is a voting issue. However, if the 2NR points out the 1AR failed to explain the impact of theory, I'll disregard the 1AR theory shell.

-I strongly value open-mindedness.

-No ad homs or arguments that are blatantly discriminatory

Full Judging Record

Tournament Date Ev Rd Aff Neg Vote Result
Strake Jesuit All Star Online Invitational 3/20/2020 LD Quarte Frew University ZL SARSDidItBetter AS Neg Aff on a 2-1
Strake Jesuit All Star Online Invitational 3/20/2020 LD Double Palos Verdes Independent JL Gridiron Chopper BS (GCBs) JA Aff Aff on a 3-0
Strake Jesuit All Star Online Invitational 3/20/2020 LD Double Frew University ZL Aroony INDEPEDANT AM Aff Aff on a 2-1
Strake Jesuit All Star Online Invitational 3/20/2020 LD R3 DTS AR Los Agneles NK Neg
Strake Jesuit All Star Online Invitational 3/20/2020 LD R2 Sheryl Kaz AK Coppell 9th Unofficial ER Aff
Strake Jesuit All Star Online Invitational 3/20/2020 LD R1 Bwater Independent AN Aroony INDEPEDANT AM Neg
Online Lex RR 3/18/2020 RR Semis Gridiron Chopper SR Wakanda ZD Neg Neg on a 3-0
Online Lex RR 3/18/2020 RR R5 Lexington RM Gridiron Chopper AG Neg Neg on a 2-0
Online Lex RR 3/18/2020 RR R5 Not-Lexington OB Gridiron Chopper SR Neg Neg on a 2-0
Online Lex RR 3/18/2020 RR R4 Not-Lexington TM Gridiron Chopper AG Neg Neg on a 2-0
Online Lex RR 3/18/2020 RR R1 Wakanda NJ Lexington RM Neg
Online Lex RR 3/18/2020 RR R1 Carmel Valley Independent JS Sequoia AS Aff
The 16th Scarsdale Invitational 11/9/2019 NLD R6 Byram EW Hunter AW Aff
The 16th Scarsdale Invitational 11/9/2019 NLD R5 Byram MW BrxSci NS Aff
The 16th Scarsdale Invitational 11/9/2019 NLD R4 Harris YI ScsDle SK Aff
The 16th Scarsdale Invitational 11/9/2019 NLD R2 Ardsle ZS ScsDle VP Aff
The 16th Scarsdale Invitational 11/9/2019 NLD R1 Stuyve BL Harris TB Neg
Tim Averill Invitational 10/25/2019 LD-N R4 Acton-Boxborough VM Lexington AA Aff
Tim Averill Invitational 10/25/2019 LD-N R3 Lexington TSt Lexington AG Neg
Tim Averill Invitational 10/25/2019 LD-N R3 Brookline AG Acton-Boxborough PL Aff
Tim Averill Invitational 10/25/2019 LD-N R2 Acton-Boxborough SP Lexington AM Aff
Tim Averill Invitational 10/25/2019 LD-N R1 Lexington IK Acton-Boxborough SP Neg
Lexington Winter Invitational 1/19/2019 NLD R5 Harrison LS Needham VF Neg
Lexington Winter Invitational 1/19/2019 NLD R5 Acton-Boxborough SZ Harrison MB Neg
Lexington Winter Invitational 1/19/2019 NLD R1 Ridge VS American Heritage Boca/Delray NS Neg
The 15th Scarsdale Invitational 11/10/2018 NLD R6 PolPre KM ScsDle JD Neg
The 15th Scarsdale Invitational 11/10/2018 NLD R5 ScsDle MF Harris MW Neg
The 15th Scarsdale Invitational 11/10/2018 NLD R4 BroHS JC Stuyve AC Neg
The 15th Scarsdale Invitational 11/10/2018 NLD R3 Hunter BC Stuyve AA Aff
The 15th Scarsdale Invitational 11/10/2018 NLD R2 Prince NO Harris MH Neg
The 15th Scarsdale Invitational 11/10/2018 NLD R1 PolPre MD BerCou EH Neg