Russell Legate-Yang ParadigmLast changed 11/23 1:59P EDT
I did 4 years of PF at Strath Haven in PA, have taught at summer camps (ISD, VBI, ASAP), and currently coach.
My topic knowledge should be decent.
I used to say that I was a tabula rasa judge and could vote for almost any argument. I no longer say this because it is extraordinarily difficult to define tabula rasa in a both practical and rigorous way. Like every judge, I come into the round endowed with preferences. Please feel free to ask about these in detail. To provide a rough sketch sufficient for most rounds:
- I will do pretty much everything you expect an east coast ex-debater to do.
- Fiat is a scarce resource.
- I debated pretty fast, but never truly spread.
- I debated very few K or theory rounds.
- Maintaining the distinction between a card and a claim without evidence is critical.