Caitlin Fagan ParadigmLast changed 12/9 10:33P PDT
I sadly only had the chance to debate public forum for two years during high school, but ended up competing at UKTOC and Nationals in both Alabama and Utah. From those experiences, I learned what national-circuit tournaments look for and expect, so that's how I will be judging.
1) Tell me a story. Make sure your arguments flow together. Weigh your arguments; it is your job to tell me why yours are more important than your opponents.
2) Along with weight, make sure you set up your framework adequately and tell me how I should be looking at the round.
3) I will judge with the philosophy of Tabula Rasa. This means I am a blank-slate and I will NOT make any arguments for you in my head. Make sure all of your points are accurately extended and are clear to me.
4) Don't spread. I will throw a pen at you if you do. If you talk too fast, there is a very likely chance that I will miss something.
5) I don't flow CX, but I will pay attention. I've had the judges who just stare at their phone during CX and it just bugs me. If you say something really good, I might consider that when calculating your speaker points.
6) I have a really short attention span. Making me laugh in the round will get you more speaker points! Include puns, references, song lyrics, etc. as long as it is professional.
7) All arguments that you want me to weigh in FF must be brought up in summary.
Full Judging Record
|Arizona State HDSHC Invitational||1515160800 1/5/2018||NPF||10 SF||Flintridge Prep JN||Corona Del Sol PZ||Neg||Neg on a 3-0|
|Arizona State HDSHC Invitational||1515160800 1/5/2018||NPF||9 QF||La Cueva MJ||BASIS Scottsdale RY||Neg||Neg on a 3-0|
|Arizona State HDSHC Invitational||1515160800 1/5/2018||NPF||9 QF||Corona Del Sol PZ||Fullerton Union RM||Aff||Aff on a 3-0|