Iowa City West High School '23
I’m currently a varsity PF debater
firstname.lastname@example.org (for card sharing)
NOVICES: take everything below with a grain of salt, debate the best you can, and have fun!
- I will always disclose, unless told not to
- Run what you want, as long as it's warranted
- If you bring me bubble tea before the round, i'll up your speaks by 0.5 :)
Things I want to see:
- Off-time roadmaps & signposting
- Trigger warning if your arguments could be sensitive
- You need to start frontlining in 2nd rebuttal
- Weighing, especially in summary and final focus
- Interaction (aka, actually RESPOND to your opponents' arguments)
- Time yourselves
- collapse, don't extend stuff you know you can't win
Things I don't want to see:
- "Bruh homies out here having an asthma attack while reading cases." Don't spread. This is pf.
- Obviously, don't be rude in cross
- New arguments in final focus or 2nd summary. This is abusive; your opponents don't have enough time to respond.
- Skewed cards
- Bringing stuff up in final focus that wasn't brought up in summary
- DON'T just read card after card. You need to analyze and explain how they prove your point
Below: oops something went wrong :(