Hunter Rogers Paradigm
Last changed 6 January 2017 4:10 AM MST
- 3 years of Collegiate Debate (IPDA)
- B.A. Speech Communications
- M.A. Higher Education Administration
-several years experience judging IPDA, Policy, LD, PF & IEs.
I have two main paradigms
1. Quality Over Quanity ( I can keep up with speed but i will weigh the quality and effectivness of contentions and clash over the shear amount of contentions a debater brings. So don't overthink it. Speed can prevent great debators from being effective communicators.
2. Afirmative Burden (The AFF's job is to uphold the resolution and ultimately "convince" the judge of a position, all the NEG has to do is to sow doubt in the AFF's case and there are countless ways to do that. Because of this reality there exists a very real and statistically significant burden for the AFF side. To improve this imbalance I will generally allow the AFF the space to define the round and will adopt their Value/Criterion as long as it is a fair and reasonable approach that can provide clash for the Neg.
Full Judging Record