Jennifer Cantwell ParadigmLast changed 1/25 7:25A MDT
-Consider me a lay judge, never did debate in highschool, but have been judging for couple of years. Primarily debates. (mostly policy.)
- I don't need to be shared on the email chain.
- neg should spend time defending their arguments as well. If you only have offense, but none of it is upheld in your speeches, I can't flow it through.
- Don't Tell me that because your impact is bigger then the other team and that's why you should win the round, unless you give me why you won the warrant battle first. Warrants give you access to your impacts, so if you lose the warrant battle, the impact does not matter.
- I have dealt with enough spreading to get by, but if you are terrible at it, I probably can't understand what you are saying, so I won't be able to flow it.
- Sometimes, new debate jargon still confuses me. If you are using jargon, don't just assume I know what it means.
- as a lay judge, it's easier to kind of rap my head around on case arguments a bit better. I will weigh K's and theory, but Its a risk to run them with me. ( Oh, and I hate when people use the"I'ts bad for the debate space" argument.
-honestly, I'm pretty chill with most things. Just have fun.