content warnings for self-harm and SA are necessary
firstname.lastname@example.org for the email chain
hi im neel
i did pf and ld throughout hs at plano east.
- do anything just do it well (as long as its not violent)
- being a good person >>> tech > truth
- i have biases that can easily be overcome by good debating (obv lol)
- put me on a song u like (if i know it, +0, if i like it i'll up speaks by up to .3, and if i dislike it i'll cut speaks by up to .3)
- i'm a not-super-normal judge.
- i like clever turns case analysis and internal link weighing.
- i prefer the reading of cut cards, and smile upon disclosure (i also smile upon the reading of arguments that encourage such practices).
- i am cool with new disads in 2nd rebuttal. i am not a fan of poorly constructed disads in 2nd rebuttal.
- sticky defense is a lie - please just do real debating and extend every argument you want in the ff in your summary.
- you are free to do whatever you would like as long as it is not obviously violent to me - debaters are free to make arguments about why a practice/argument is violent. whether you go for case, disclosure good, setcol, or an a priori in the final focus, explain and defend your position well and i'll vote on it (even if i think i'll regret it).
policy >>>>> theory/t >>>>>>>> the k >>>>> tricks >>> phil (in order of my experience; this doesn't represent my willingness to hear debates)
- i am not super great at flowing. slow down for tags, interp/ci text, cp/plan texts, etc. and give me like 2 seconds pen time when you switch to different flows.
- be strategic; don't let my background reading simple policy arguments deter you from going for the k in the 2nr if thats an easier out than something else.
- i don't really have major ideological biases against or for certain categories of arguments because i haven't had a ton of experience with basically every category except policy. i am probably a good judge to test new strategies on because of this.
- i am not really a fan of large overviews that don't have specific applications to the lbl - though these are ethosy, i still need you to connect the dots on the flows themselves.
- i default to cis, no rvis, and dtd for t, and cis, no rvis, and dta for theory shells that don't attack an entire position.
- various random beliefs/things that might be useful for prefs
- probably a lil more generous to cp theory than most
- prob require a lower threshold to vote on condo than most
- prob require more explanation of basically every phil argument and k v k interactions than most
- prob 50/50 for k affs vs fwk