Carlos Freyre ParadigmLast changed 11/17 12:08P EDT
Hello! I did Debate for 4 years at Western Highschool and I consider myself a classic flow judge. Here are my ground rules.
For LD specifically,
I believe that debate is a game and that it should be played however you want it to be. I'll accept any argument as long as it's not obviously sexist/racist/or homophobic. Just be comfortable!
1. If you make me laugh you get a 30.
2. First Sum does not need defense, the second Sum, however, does. There is one caveat to this rule and it is if the second rebuttal decides to frontline, then I think it would be advantageous to frontline back.
3. Don't be rude in cross and if you are please mop them. Additionally, I dislike snarkiness outside of crosses especially, you will be really docked on speaks if you do this.
4. Don't power-tag/read fake evidence, I will most likely call for it and if I have been judging enough on a topic and know your card is entirely fake, you'll suffer for it.
5. Don't spread or read theory/K's unless there is actual abuse/problem with the topic.
6. Every Speach past constructive needs to give me a clear off-time roadmap.
7. Generally, I am tech over truth, however, if you read something completely ridiculous you have to have either amazing frontlines or they'd have to completely screw up their responses.
8. I am good with flex prep as long as it's not done abusively and both teams agree.
9. You can't kick turns by accepting a non-unique in final focus and if you do it in any speech you've gotta apply their non-unique to the turns.
10. Keep each others prep in check.