Lexington Winter Invitational
2019 — Lexington, MA/US
Welcome to the Lexington Winter Invitational!
We will be pleased to host you in Lexington MA on Jan. 19 - 21, 2019. As has been true for the past several years, the entire tournament will begin bright and early on Saturday morning (Jan. 19). The PF and LD divisions will finish on Sunday Jan. 20 and the late policy elims will finish on Monday Jan. 21. We would love to have you join us!
Changes for This Year:
1) The Semis and Finals of Novice Policy will be held on Monday, along with Quarters through Finals in Varsity Policy.
2) We are REQUIRING ALL judges to be linked in Tabroom at the time of registration.
3) We are requiring all VARSITY judges to have paradigms on Tabroom.com. Paradigms are optional in NOVICE events.
4) We are going to be Side Setting all prelims in BOTH divisions of PF this year. PFers will flip for sides in elims, unless they have met in prelims, in which case they will reverse sides. The Pro will go first in each PF debate.
5) At the moment, we have a hotel block only at the Burlington Marriott. My contact at the Lexington Aloft and Element no longer works there, so I need to start over. Here is the reservation link you can use to make online reservations for the Burlington Marriott:
Here is the reservation link your guests can use to make online reservations:
I will add information on other potential blocks when/if we end up with any. The Burlington Marriott is great and they have recently finished a major renovation project.
Good Things We are Keeping the Same:
1) Free food for adult coaches and judges all weekend.
2) Our main Hotel Block is at the Burlington Marriott, as it has been in recent years.
The Boston Marriott Burlington in Burlington, MA, is about a ten-minute drive from the high school. They have offered us a rate of 120.00 per night for rooms this year. The rate includes complimentary Internet access, and FREE BREAKFAST for up to four people per room in our banquet room. The last day to book a room is January 4, 2019. To receive this rate, please contact Amy LaBossiere, Group Sales Coordinator, Boston Marriott Burlington | One Burlington Mall Road | Burlington, MA 01803 at 781-221-6616 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Free lunch and dinner for all students on Saturday and free lunch on Sunday (several options for each meal), plus free pizza brought in from local establishments for anyone still dining with us on Sunday evening.
4) Excellent and diverse judging and competition. Six Prelims in ALL events.
5) TOC Qualifier at the Quarterfinal level in Policy, LD and PF.
6) All Online Ballots All the Time
Please do not look at our stand-alone website for current information -- I may never get the chance to update it, and I did not want to delay opening the tournament in the hope that I might someday do it. Both this page and the invitation accessible by pushing the green button on this page are current. Thanks!