North Mecklenburg Jimmy K Poole Viking Classic
2019 — Huntersville, NC/US
Text of message
The 2019 Jimmy K. Poole Viking Classic will be using the NSDA legislation for the month of September under the following guidelines:
1. Each session will assigned three main pieces of legislation and two backup pieces. That's a total of ten pieces to research.
2. Chambers will decide among themselves by a 2/3 majority vote of the chamber what order to debate the three main pieces of legislation assigned to each session.
3. The two pieces of backup legislation for each session may not be debated until the three main pieces have been fully debated and voted on. In fact, they are not even to be placed on the agenda until after the three main pieces have been debated. If the three main pieces are fully debated, there shall be a brief in-house recess to determine the order in which the two backup pieces are debated.
4. The docket agenda can be amended at any time by a 2/3 vote of the chamber, but students may only move around the three pieces of main legislation for that session. They may not move legislation from another session or into another session and they may not move the backup legislation up on the agenda.
5. One hour maximum debate time on each piece of legislation. There is no minimum time for debate. However, each piece of legislation must have both one affirmative and one negative speech before previous question is called. Previous question may be called anytime within the hour. However, it MUST be called if debate is still going on at the one hour mark.
You may begin researching the September NSDA docket now. All ten pieces will be used. (Three primary pieces and two backup pieces for each session for a total of ten pieces.) However, the list of which pieces will be assigned to which sessions is not yet posted. It will be posted by the end of the week. An email will be sent when the legislation gets assigned to sessions. We will also post the full NSDA packet on the North Meck Tabroom page at that time. However, you can get the September legislation now from the NSDA website.
North Mecklenburg Congress Tab Staff
(Keith Pittman and Scott Bennett)
Email sent to: All Registered Schools